Aquarium Service and Maintenance
The staff at The Ocean Floor is here to help with all facets of aquarium purchase and ownership. Whether you are a do-it-yourselfer, or you want the enjoyment of an aquarium display with none of the hassle or work involved, we can help. Our friendly, knowledgeable fish store staff is ready and eager to help bring your vision to life. We offer many services to fit your unique needs.
Aquarium Service Options
Aquarium Service and maintenance plans can be scheduled to work around your requirements.
Scheduled Aquarium Maintenance
Whether monthly, bi-weekly, weekly, or anywhere in between and can be basic or extensive depending on your needs. Basic services we offer include water changing, algae cleaning, and gravel vacuuming. Regular maintenance such as aquarium filter cleaning and media changing as well as supplement dosing are a breeze because we can bring the correct products needed with us when we come to you. We also offer decoration and coral skeleton bleaching services to keep your aquarium looking new.
We deliver aquariums valley wide and beyond with reasonable rates.
Aquarium Set Up
Let us get your new aquarium up and running! We offer set up services as well so you can focus on the more important things like enjoying your new Aquarium Setup! Anything from Undergravel Filters, Power Filters, and Canister Filtration, to Drilled In-Line and Sump systems; we are the experts!
Are You Moving?
Moving locations? No Problem. We can handle the tear down, moving, and re-installation of your aquarium(s) for you all with minimal or no loss! Just call us, give us the details, and forget about it. You can be as involved or not as you want.
Ask Our Aquarium Experts
Any questions or concerns along the way can be answered with just a phone call or visit to The Ocean Floor so you can enjoy your aquarium with confidence.
Easy Billing Options
We can bring all requested products and services to your home or place of business by presenting a credit card to your service tech that we can keep the information for on file. All charges will be approved by you before they are processed so there won’t be anything unexpected showing up on your bill.
Enjoy Your Aquarium More
Enjoy peace of mind with The Ocean Floor aquarium service and maintenance staff. You will have an assigned technician maintaining your aquarium all with the support of the largest, most complete Tropical Fish Store in the western half of the U.S. staffed with a team of expert hobbyists whose passion is your success! You will receive updates with every visit so you can keep up with progress and concerns. Let The Ocean Floor in Phoenix turn your aquatic dreams into reality!
Ocean Floor Recommended Aquarium Maintenance Schedule
Protect your investment with these periodic checks and maintenance tasks.
- Visual inspection of your fish during feeding. Watch for behavioral changes and signs of stress or disease, as they may indicate a potential problem.
- Listen to, and look at your equipment to ensure that it is operating correctly.
- Check the temperature of the water.
- Feed your fish twice each day.
- Watch to see that all fish are eating. Remove any remaining food after 10 minutes.
Every Week Maintenance:
- Monitor the number of fish in your aquarium. Death and decomposition can result in increases in nitrates and ammonia levels.
Twice Monthly Maintenance:
- Change between 15 and 20 percent of the water in your tank.
- Wash or vacuum your gravel.
- Clean algae from the inside walls of your aquarium.
- Rinse out your filter cartridge(s)
Every Month Maintenance:
- Filter maintenance: replace inserts, floss, carbon and cartridges.
- Check the aquarium light for correct operation
- Check all of your connections, skimmers and tubes for proper operation.
By following this regular schedule of aquarium maintenance you will be able to enjoy your aquarium and fish for many years to come.
If you run into any problems or have questions about aquarium maintenance in Phoenix or any other area, or need help troubleshooting an issue, please give us a call.